1. A loyal customer will still patronize your business but will know the alternatives better.
2. A loyal customer will still provide recommendation but is more likely to be on a reputation-based website.
3. The premium that a loyal customer is willing to pay is getting smaller. This becomes more obvious this product or services become more commoditized.
4. There's much less face-to-face communication.
5. The customer is less connected with the company and hence the personal bonds between customers and company personnel are becoming a thing of the past.
6. The customer is easier to make the relationship since the transactions are less personal.
7. Customers are willing to become part of the community to be willing to take this association to high levels of commitment such as the Apple cult and other similar communities.
8. Customer reviews and testimonials are becoming more important.
9. A new kind of customer has emerged. That customer may be a brand evangelist or happy wanderer with no loyalty.