1. The amount of people reporting customer problems went from 32% in 1976 to 50% in 2013.
2. The number of households experiencing customer rage increased 8% since 2011.
3. Yelling has increased from 25% to 36% and cursing from 7 to 13%.
4. The product, most responsible for enraging customers is cable and satellite TV.
5. Only 2% of the most serious problems involved dealing with the government.
6. Customer complaint on social networking sites has increased from 19 to 35% since 2011.
7. 56% of customers who reported a complaint said they received absolutely nothing as a result. his is an increase of 9% since 2011.
8. Customer satisfaction doubled from 37 to 74% when companies offered an apology along with any other monetary action to resolve an issue.
9. Despite the rise of the Internet, customers complained 11 times more by phone than through the web.
10. Satisfied customers tell an average of 10 to 16 people about their problem and its resolution, whereas dissatisfied customers tell about 28 people.